Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sore Knees

The trophy of a runner - sore knees.

Yes, I am sore right now. I don't know if it is because of the race or shopping. lol

I didn't work-out the following day of the race. Yesterday, after my AM shift I went straight in town where I had my Mammogram. After the Mammo, I went to check out some stuffs in a running store in Forest Ave. Then I went to the Mall and bought a few stuff to reward myself for doing a great job. wink*

When I went home my knees were still okay.  I felt a little sore but nothing like I cannot handle. I applied my magic ointment and I felt better.

Today, I worked out but nothing too intense. I just walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill at a pace of 2.5 then pumped iron for 30 minutes. Did some stretching afterwards then hit the sauna for 15 minutes. After that, I had my power snack then headed to the whirlpool and soaked my aching body for 10 minutes. I spent another 2 minutes in the sauna before I finally hit the shower.

It was a relaxing day indeed. But as of this writing, my knees are sore again so I need to take the sneakers off [and no-no for stilettos] and let my toes breathe. And most importantly, it's time for my magic ointment again.

2 comments:

  1. oh, sorry to hear about that Ruthi, yes, give your feet and your legs time to breathe and heel, and when it is already manageable, start running again, maybe, you can start with brisk walking first, and then, gradually change to higher impact running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those feet are simply lovely....go go go sistah, with you all the way...how i wish i could start my own running career soon too hehehe:)

    ReplyDelete