Thursday, March 24, 2011

It all started with a WALK

I am not a runner nor a walker. The only course I am willing to walk is the - Mall. But then even that gave me cramps and calluses.

Then come modern technology where I could go shopping without leaving my bedroom and in my jammies. Online shopping is the best!

But one fine day, something unexpected happened. I decided to work-out. Though not really seriously at first. I just went to the gym because I got free membership. As a Staff of YMCA it is one of the perks. Hey, who doesn't like freebies? But then, it didn't last long. I believe I spent more time in the shower than in the treadmill. And oftentimes, when I was about to work-out, I would meet someone I know in the lobby and next thing I know, it was already time to go back to work. So on and off, I went with my work-up.

October of last year [2010] I finally committed myself to really work-out seriously. I enrolled in a fitness center about 2 miles away from where I work and viola, I enjoyed it. I don't miss class because I paid for the membership so I might as well get my money's worth. wink*

Fast sprinting to 2011, the Mary's Walk came and I signed up to support RSU 57. After that event, I signed up for my very first 5k and I started training.


 I started running... seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Ate! I'm glad that you're successful with your exercise plans. I'm still in my precontemplation phase, still thinking of exercising LOL! I have so many excuses not to exercise, in other words ako si Juan Tamad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Vince. Well, spring is here and the weather is gorgeous. Try to walk about a mile everyday and maybe you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete