Friday, March 25, 2011

I walked the WALK

I was actually planning to sign up to "run" for the Mary's Walk and Kerrymen Pub 5k Road Race. But when I was about to register I changed my mind. Yes, I chickened out. I was afraid that I might not be able to complete the race. I was afraid that I will be the last one to cross the finish line and get laughed at. And I was afraid that I am not really ready to run since I don't have much practice.

So I signed up for the "2.5 walk" and I was happy. So I thought.

[Taken before the Walk and while waiting for the Runners to pass by.]

I was there by the side of the road together with hundreds of "walkers/cheerers/supporters" cheering on the runners. For some reasons, I wasn't happy and felt bad. I was sad because I felt a hint of envy running down my veins. And I felt bad because I was jealous of the runners.

I should have ran. And with that... I went home with a heavy heart. I drove home and went online and searched for any running events here in Maine. I found one, and in a heartbeat, I signed up.

I will be running my very first 5k on Sunday, the 27th of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment