Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Finished my First

I finished The 8th Annual Great Scot Trot at 40:48! It may not be fast. Well, it is actually slow. But hey, at least I finished it.

Yeah, I finally did it. I finally did my very first 5k. It was awesome. I enjoyed it and I am craving for more.

It was kinda chilly but the sun was out and the sky was blue. I went an hour early so I didn't have to line up to get my number. And yes, I was hoping I could find some familiar faces that I can run with. It was more of psyching myself up to ease my anxiety attack.
The Kids' Fun Run kicked off first about 45 minutes before the 5k. I was thinking... I should have joined that instead. It seemed that I would qualify - height-wise. And maybe they will not ask my birth date. LOL. Oh well, I was really nervous. Seeing those runners flooding the lobby of Bonny Eagle High School was kinda overwhelming and intimidating for a first-timer like me. But then, I saw some familiar faces from the Crazy Fitness Fun and I kinda warmed up and relaxed a bit.
We started on the dot. There were not a lot of runners compared to Mary's Walk but then, it was well organized. I started slow and easy. After 300 yards, I kinda picked up my pace but it didn't last long. I saw some of the runners were already more than a hundred yards away. I tried to go fast but I couldn't catch my breath so I just walked.

I walked, jogged, ran [a bit], and could have crawled if I was not too embarrassed. But hey, I made it. And I was the fifth wasn't the last one who crossed the line. Now, I am looking forward to my second 5k.

I made it to the finish line. I made friends. And I made myself so proud.

Now, it's time to put my stilettos on and head to the Mall. LOL

5 comments:

  1. hey, congrats Ruthi, and this is way too awesome new blog, I know you can manage so many of them as you are very talented in multi-tasking, something that I forgot to pick up when I was young, the only multi-tasking I know is letting the robot cleaner vaccuum the house, put the laundry in the washer, and facebook :(

    anyway, so proud of you, keep on running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahah, sis! i like how you ended this post ... about putting your stilettos on and heading to the mall:) you are so super cool and definitely one helluva diva! how i wish we lived in the same county. you bet i'd be there running along with you, even if i had to run while pushing teyla in her stroller:) congrats again, sis! i could feel your excitement earlier today when you shared this FIRST with me:) keep it up! may this be only the first of many more fun runs to come - and maybe even a REAL marathon in the near future!! btw, i think 70 is an awesome number:) brought you lots of luck indeed! thanks for sharing your happiness with us, sis. imagine me grinning and cheering for you from way over here in the mountain state:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love your shoes sistah! hahahaha,i would have felt the very same thing..i haven't joined any yet hehehe, "I walked, jogged, ran [a bit], and could have crawled if I was not too embarrassed" HAHAHAHA that made me laugh so hard sis....hey i'm lovin' the colors here in your page so colorful! go go go....looking forward to reading about your next marathon experience hehehe, mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing your first 5K, and even more congrats on looking forward to your second one. I walked my very first 5K and was hooked. Thankfully I have been able to put a lot of time into it and have progressed to being able to run. BTW Maine is a long ways from the PI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping my my blog! Congrats on your first 5k!!! Having recently finished my first, I know how awesome it feels. Now, if we can both get over these annoying knees and get the weather to cooperate, we can start planning the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete