Sunday, November 27, 2011

My 7th and last 5k for this Year

Yes, you read it right. Yesterday was my 7th race for 2011 and it's the last one for this year too.
This is one of the most memorable races I had so far for 3 reasons.

1. This is also my second race with Heather. And yes, we were late again. hahaha. Well, if the race was held on Thanksgiving Day, we would have been early. You see, I messed up with my calendar date and thought that the race was scheduled on the morning of Thanksgiving Day. I was so ready and called up Heather early so we won't be late. But guess what? Wrong date. Instead of the 24th, it was scheduled on the 26th. hahaha And yes, on the exact date, I called her late so we arrived 10 minutes late at the venue. Runners were about a mile away already when we got there so we thought of just getting our number and freebies. And yes, the free tee was way to big for our size. That's what you get for being late, you are given with left-overs.

2. The weather is awesome. For some reason, we were happy that it felt like springtime again. It snowed the day before and we gathered around 2 inches in our town. But at Kennebunkport, it didn't snow. The place was devoid of the powdery blanket and the wind felt like spingtime. So we decided to just go for a run anyway, just to see the area and do some workout. But lo and behold, we caught up with the runners - dog runners and the walkers... that is. hahaha

3. I wasn't even the last in the list. I was 8th to the last and so proud of it! Why not? We came in 10 minutes late... caught up with the runners, well mostly walkers - dog walkers... and clocked in 47:53. It's 10 minutes over my PR. So do the math.
Well, the 20th Annual Presidential 5k is my last race for this year. I tried to find another race in December but no luck. But guess what... I already signed up for my first race in 2012. Isn't it awesome?

1 comment:

  1. An absolutely gorgeous memorable day, I look forward to this years races. :)

    ReplyDelete