Sunday, November 13, 2011

My 6th 5K

The dogs beat me to the finish line. Yes, you read it right.
 The Bayside Trail 5K Run is actually a dog race. Well, sort of. The 2nd Annual Bayside Trail 5K race is an event that will benefit the Bayside Trail in Portland. It was open to everyone who loves to run and their dogs [on leash]. In my case, I run alone since I don't have a dog and don't have any intention of borrowing or buying one just for the event. But on hindsight, I should have done one or the other because I would have ran faster with a dog or rather... my PR would be better if I was dragged by a dog to the finish line. LOL
Well, I clocked in 39 minutes and 54 seconds. I blamed that for my lack of preparation. First, I didn't know where to go. I am not familiar to the place and my GPS can't find the location. How, stu*id it was huh? The only good thing is that it's a Sunday. Portland is not crowded on Sundays and parking is free.

Second, I bought a new pair of running shoes for the event. I got it from Maine Running Company where my feet were assessed and evaluated for pronation [whatever that means] and got fitted for the right kind of shoes to address my needs. I forgot to wear them when I ran. How silly was that?

Third, I didn't have breakfast. I would normal have cereals and bananas before the race and since I was in a hurry to get there, I just grabbed a fruit cup that I planned to eat in the car. That didn't happen. To think that I had it next to the new pair of shoes on the passenger seat. That really is stu*id!
But then, it was indeed a fun run. I had fun even without a dog. I was able to hold myself together to the finish line even without a new pair of runners. And I was able to enjoy a lot of food samplers at the Craft Fair where I went to after the run.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha sooo Ruthi....you made me smile...no laugh here again....hahahahaha, gosh I would love to have ran with you....and I would have borrowed a dog to drag me hahaha and I would eat as much, no more than you after the race...miss yah! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats again, for running on your own even without a dog :)

    ReplyDelete