Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sneakers-Free Feet

I have not worn my running shoes for awhile now. So I decided to give myself a pedicure.
I still have not tried running again, just yet. Though my knees are healing pretty good, I am still a bit reluctant to mess my knee up again.

Well, I blame no one but myself for the pain that I have to endure now. I did not use my common sense. I should have done my homework first before I run. It was right after I did my first 5K that I learned that I should have taken the C25K course to prepare myself for the big event.

Well, I have something to blame for my stup*dity - excitement, that is. I was too excited to run so I just used what was available to me... the treadmill. Apparently, it is a No-No for runners, so I was told. According to the gym trainer the moving belt can have a bad impact on the joint when the foot lands on it. In my case, I think I twisted my knee one time. Then the constant pounding made it worse.

Oh well, that's one lesson learned. I just enjoy my French Tipped toes for a while then.

No comments:

Post a Comment