Monday, March 18, 2013

For Mary

I didn't get the chance to run in February. So much for promising myself to run 2 races every month, huh. For some reason I can't find any 5K race last month so I totally didn't run. Well, I did some running around my neighborhood but that's all about it and it wasn't even on a regular basis because weather is not really very cooperative this time of the year yet. Good thing I have 2 races this month.
After a month of no races and no training, I braved the Mary's Walk and Kerrymen Pub 5k yesterday. The weather was not to bad and just the same the event was well-organized and the crowd was awesome.
I didn't expect to really do good here since I don't have the proper training. And if there was any training at all, it was on the race day itself. LOL
So yes, out of 1224 runners and walkers, I placed 1145th with a total net time of 39:13 which gives me a pace time of 12:38.
Oh well, you get what you get and don't get upset. I didn't, I just helped myself with a plate of Chinese food and some Olive Garden's spaghetti and salad. wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment