Saturday, September 8, 2012

Why RUN if you can ride... the waves!

So I didn't get the chance to run in the Philippines the way I planned to due to several storms we had when I was there. I didn't get the chance to even just do my regular 3-mile run as my work out because I was working hard on pigging out on my favorite foods that I have not tasted for 5 long years. And yes, if I was not dining out with friends and family left and right, I was on the road exploring different places and doing different activities.

So, my dear brother Japol brought me up north to visit Vigan City to walk back in time and immerse ourselves to the history of the past.

Then, we went straight to Urbiztondo, San Juan La Union and stayed at San Juan Surfresort for the night and met up with my TSS Sistah and Blogger friend Zen of the Letters in November.
The next morning, despite the natural signs of brewing storm, Japol talked me into doing something I never thought I would do in my whole life - surfing.

At first I was a little adamant to try it knowing that I am not a good swimmer. But then, with his constant bugging and persistent. I did it. I have no choice since he already made the arrangement for my first surfing lesson.

And so I did. Despite the fear of drowning and getting chewed on by sharks... I tried it. The instructor gave me quick lesson on Surfing 101.
Next thing I knew...I was riding the waves!
So there... I hanged loose!
 
Author's Note: Special thanks to my brother Japol for the photo coverage, the encouragement and the surfing lesson fee. hahaha

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! How many times did you get to ride the waves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, sharing your joy, why indeed run when you can ride the waves :) i have not been hiking since we came back from montana-wyoming which was more than 2 months ago because of the exhilarating fun of being one with the waves. glad to know you discovered that priceless joy, Ruthi. and oh, so love your pictures and the smile. you are so lucky to have one pampering brother.

    ReplyDelete