Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Home Run

My 7-week vacation is over and I'm back to home base. It was such a wonderful vacation despite the 4 storms that the Philippines had during the duration of my stay. I had a wonderful time with my family especially with my 3 nieces and a nephew whom I love to pieces.
I also had such a wonderful time with my brother Japol who brought me to different places. But I didn't get the chance to run a race which we originally planned because of the storms and Japol's hectic itinerary for me. Oh I love him so much for all his efforts to entertain me. So blessed to have a brother like him.

I really wished I had a chance to run because 7-weeks of non-stop pigging out on my favorite foods [that I have not eaten for 5 long years] and no exercise took a great toll on me. I gained 15 lbs. back at the end of my vacation.

Though I had one opportunity to run on the first day I was home with Toby [my Nephew], but that was all about it. It didn't even make me sweat because people I passed by along the road would stopped me and chat. So I just ended up buying more food in the market instead. wink*

Good thing, Japol once came home during one of his day off and we ran from Liliw [my hometown] to Nagcarlan [the next town where I went to High School] and met up with my former High School friend, Aida and her HS sweetheart, Allan.

Japol and I got the chance too to walk with Allan and Aida from Nagcarlan town proper to Sinipian... a well-known Barrio which is frequented by devotees during 1st Friday of the month. And yes, it was First Friday that day.
And of course, a visit to Sinipian will not be complete without buying and pigging out on those yummy treats which I believe is one of the reasons too why people go to that shrine in the first place. wink*
 
YUMMY indeed!


NOTE: Photos all courtesy of  JAPOLogy. Thanks a bunch Japs. Love you.

3 comments:

  1. hi there my running diva friend! smiling here as I read on your words of gratitude to your awesome brother Japol :-) I must say I would run all the way to that place too, to pig out on all the yummy sweet treats hahaha, go ahead now and keep running there to lose all the pounds you gained in 7 weeks hehehe, mwahuuugsss

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh am geeeeeeeee!!! you are such a tease sistah! craving for all those local treats now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. such yumminess :) give me some please :)

    ReplyDelete