Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Year and 10 Races

Today... marks my very First Running Anniversary. Yes, this is the first year in my running career [if there is such a thing hahaha]...my 11th race so far since I started... and already my 4th 5K for this year.

Like any anniversaries - this is a very important event to me. It's the anniversary of my 360 degrees mental, physical and psychological turn-around. Yes, it has been one year now since I made that drastic decision to take charge of my life. It has been a year now since I ran The Great Scot Trot 5k - a decision that I never regret.

Time flies quickly. I have ran 10 5k races in a span of one year and now I am looking forward to more races and trainings.

I have braved mental torture on thinking "why am I doing those stu**d laps around the Bonney Eagle HS tracks". I have endured physical torment of weight lifting for strength training. And yes, I have psyched myself up to rationalize that all those grueling training days and nights are part of my life as a runner. Hah! It does feel good to call myself a runner though deep inside I know I just either walk or jog my way to the finish lines. wink*
 This is me last year at the Finish Line. Notice the snow on the background.

Today, is my second Great Scot Trot 5k. I walked up to the sound of rain. I walked up hoping that they cancel the race. But then I realized this is my 1st year anniversary, it should not ruin the momentum. So I ran the race in freezing rain and landed 164th on the list with a breaking record [wink* wink* and another wink*] of 35:03 PR. It was 5 minutes and 45 seconds less than my first one.
This is me on my 1st Year Running Anniversary.

And yes I wasn't 5th to the last like last year. I was 66th to the last [one huge wink*] this year. Yay! To me and to more races until - my Second Year Anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, congratulations Ruthi girl, big improvement for you. you look like lost a lot of weight and so happy running, keep on going friend, i am here cheering.

    ReplyDelete