Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Winter Runner

I don't do New Year's Resolution. It doesn't work for me and I don't operate that way. But one thing I'm sure about me is that - when I decide on something... I do it.

This year I want to run as many races as I can. Last year, I didn't start running until winter is over. Now that it is winter and winter this year feels like spring, I have more opportunity to run outdoors. The only problem is that - I work 12 hours a day. So the only time I can run is on weekends.
I have never thought that winter running is fun. The internet is a great resource to feed you with all the information you need to gear yourself up for winter running. So I take every opportunity and resource there is to train. After my first race for this year at Scarborough, I signed up for 3 more races. One for February and two for March. What am I thinking? Oh well, it is a good motivation for me to get my bum out and run.

So, armed with petroleum jelly slather sparingly on my face, a dab of Burt's Bees lip balm, a warm fleece head band or hat, a pair of comfy mittens, another pair of thick wool socks and an appropriate winter running outfit... I'm good to go until the next snow storm falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment