Saturday, August 24, 2013

I Got RADified!

The venue for the Color Me Rad 5K race which benefits the YMCA of Maine this morning was in Brunswick. This is the 2nd event they had this year in Maine. The first one was in Portland.
Team WES [composed of the Waterboro Elementary School Staff] was scheduled to go on the 3rd wave but Julie, Kelsie and I were late because we had to go around Sebago lake (thanks a lot to our reliable[?] GPS)... plus the unforgiving traffic... plus the half a mile walk from the parking lot to the start line all summed up to the wasted time we should have spent getting RAD. So we ended up joining the 4th or the last wave instead.
But despite the hassle it was indeed a fun day at the race. It was different compared to the other races I joined in the past for one particular thing - no timer. So I just ran as if I was training for my next race which is also true because I do have a race tomorrow. What was I thinking?
Anyway, the race was colorful and fun and exciting. The runners and walkers and crawlers and everything else in between had a blast going through all the color stations be it the color powder, colored water sprinklers, or color bomb... everybody was all smile and having fun.
Aside from the splash of colors here and there we were also happy how the volunteers cheered us up. They were so amazing. I have never experienced that kind of cheerfulness from volunteers before so it was really special.
And the finale where all the finishers gather around the stage while the organizers were throwing out freebies to the crowd was awesome too.
 Me with Julie
Me with Kelsie

When the crowd threw color bomb at each other all at the same time while dancing to the music was totally out-of-this-world. It was zero visibility. All I can see was the explosion of different colors. The crowd was engulfed in colorful cloud. And everybody was happy. And I swear to god, I will surely do it again next year.

6 comments:

  1. that's cool!
    would love to join next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very interesting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent write-up. I certainly appreciate this website.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this site
    is actually good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a topic which is near to my heart...
    Cheers! Where are your contact details though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent blog! Do you have any helpful hints
    for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like
    Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm completely overwhelmed ..
    Any ideas? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete