Monday, May 27, 2013

One more time for the Egrets

The 2013 Snowy Egret 5K Race in Scarborough, Maine is another race that I plan to join every year and for as long as I can run.
There are also 3 reasons why I like this race. First... the venue. Of course, driving situation is always first in my list for the major reasons and points of consideration when signing for races. Scarborough is not really close just like Gray but I am used to driving to this area. Though parking is a little bit a problem compared to Gray's.
Second... the "course", of course. LOL. This is partly a trail course which I like because it's almost summer around this time so it can be kinda hot and humid and this race take the shady part of the trail.
Third... this is a Memorial day race. Though it doesn't mean anything. LOL I just like the fact that I do something memorable this day. Whatever that means too. Toink!!!!
So just like last year, I wasn't impressed with my performance. I did 38:44 for my time with a pace of 12:28 which means I ranked 158th out of 195 participants. 
Yes, this is my 2nd time for this race. I really love this course and I plan to do it every year... so help  me God! hahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment