Saturday, June 9, 2012

Y Race?

Why do I join races? One good reason I can think of... I have to entertain myself. I need to think of a thing to do that will not involve getting bored. And I need a thing to do to stay away from food. But that is another story.
I started racing at the age of... ehemmmm... [clearing my throat here]... 46. Yeah, I'm a late bloomer.
I started joining races when I got jealous of those runners and figured out that I can do the same. And I was right. I have ran more than a dozen races to date.
The YMCA Fit Fest 5k race is another race I ran with Heather. And yes, we were not late. We came just in time. It was a fun race aside from doing a good cause for the YMCA. I work for the Y in Sanford so the affiliation is the same.
The route is awesome and picturesque. I did a great job I guess since I did not stop jogging/running through the entire race. I clocked in 36:08 at 11:21 pace placing me 461st over 701 participants. That included the walkers too. LOL.
But the best part of this race is the post race where Heather and I went antiquing. LOL we spent the rest of the day at Brunswick flea market and yard sales. I brought home some antique silver wares. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. look at you, you have trimmed down a lot, keep on running, Ruthi, glad for you you have found some activity to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete