Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Win-Win Situation

I am in stiletto mode nowadays. However, that is not the reason why I have not been seriously back in training mode.


But there are several reasons why I run or shall I say "why I should run". As if someone is really asking or interested in knowing what those reasons are. But I will share with you the reasons why, anyways. And for that you have no choice. LOL

Reason 1. I bought 3 new pairs of VS bathing suits online. They're on sale so I went crazy not realizing that those bathing suit look better on pictures... on that particular model... and on that particular body. So there you go... I got the shipment and I tried it on. I didn't like it. I was like totally in, "that's-what-you-get-for-being-cheap kinda mode"... but I do know the reason why it didn't look good on me. And I am not going to answer that question. PERIOD!

Reason 2. When I signed up for my first Walk, I realized that with your registration fee, you get free t-shirt [when you pre-register], a lot of freebies like water bottles, bottles with water, pedometer, bookmarks, bags with sponsor's name on it, coupons, etc. and food. Yes, you get free breakfast of donuts, bagels, coffee, bananas and snack after the race. So the question is, will I really lose weight here after the race? BIG QUESTION MARK!

Reason 3. Then, since most of the races are for a "cause"... I believe that I am helping a good cause. I am being a good citizen! EXCLAMATION POINT!

Well, I have not really started training again for my next 5K for varied reasons. One is that I am working part-time as Ed Tech in the school where I am assigned as the Site Leader of the Kids Out Enrichment Program of the YMCA. Although I could still go for a 30 minutes run around the track on my way home since I only work for 2 hours... my mind and stomach are always debating if I should run or not. And my stomach always wins.

At hindsight, maybe the best title for this post should be - WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN Situations! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. i think you should keep running! and turn away from too much food...am errrr i think i must tell the same thing to myself hahaha, i have a lot to catch up though because i haven't even tried for once to join a race not even in my wildest dreams...but you have started on it already so go my friend...go go go...love yah!- kulasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should train just to start running. I learned that if you do warm-ups first before running and set up a small goal, let's say only 500 meters and then adding more and more each day or after 2 days or even after 1 week, you'll be fine. Running is not a sport. It is an exercise----something we all humans know how to do but cannot do for so many reasons. My brother used to run and he did not have to train. He just did warm-ups and conditioned his body with proper nutrition first before running.
    I think we all make excuses to delay exercise ...but once you start it, it becomes fun. Like me, I do everyday walking for 4 kms. uphill (that is climbing up a hill----from our home to an uphill park --total of more than 4 kms)....and I just started it a month ago, and now I'm just a few steps in reaching my landmark ---the top of the hill. I chose walking because I learned it's better than running. YOur body does not experience fatigue unlike running...and it consumes as much as calories as running does.
    I think you should start now , because when are you going to do it? And the stomach should not deal with the mind. The stomach tells you what to do , not to struggle with the mind. If the stomach is empty, it tells you that you need to fill it up. But if it's full and fine, it doesn't tell you to do anything. So listen to your stomach. If it's not telling you that it's empty, don't eat.
    Hey, I included your blog link in my blogroll...you might want to check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go where your heart, mind and body tells you where to go Ruthi, and am sure, if we examine our total persona, physical exercise is part of it! Unlike you, I do not exercise for swimsuit, but for a purpose, like climbing this mountain, climbing 5000 ft in 15 miles back and forth in a day, so I will build my endurance. then the rewards come in, such as health and fitness, and well, photos :) hahaha, that is my reason to exercise, to be able to see more of our beautiful world!!! but of course, I want to see you in those bathing suits!! so go for a run Ruthi, and am here to cheer you on :)

    ReplyDelete